Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Favorite Christmas traditions..

What are your favorite Christmas traditions?!

What do you remember most about Christmas when you were little?

What do you plan on instilling into your children?



I love getting together with the family sharing laughs and eating delicious food. Mashed potatoes drowned in butter, deviled eggs, cheese ball and of course, DESSERT!!


I remember growing up that my dad loved the pecan pie that was always at my Grandma's house. I think it was there JUST for him. He would always be the first one to have a piece. Whatever was left when it was time to go home, usually ended up going with us.

I also remember being able to open one gift on Christmas Eve. My brothers and I were always so excited to pick it out. Some times we would pick out our "big gift" and of course we were told it had to wait til Christmas. haha

My husband and I like to see the excitement on our children's faces when they open a gift, but at the same time we're trying to teach them to be grateful for what they receive. We have decided that not only for Christmas but also for other special occasions (birthdays and such) that they will each get a $25 savings bond and one item from us.

This way they get the excitement of opening a gift, we get the joy of watching them but we also get to help them have a savings account for later when they want to go off to school, purchase a car to get them to and from work or possibly use as a down payment on a house.


I'd love to hear some of your favorites of the holiday season. Feel free to post as a comment here or use the contact form.


No comments:

Post a Comment