Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Crockpot...Dinner & Dessert!

Yes, that's right, the other day I made dinner AND dessert at the same time in the crockpot! No, it wasn't the same crockpot, I had two that I used.

It was great though. I did the prep on dinner and got that in the crockpot and then I did the prep on dessert and got it into the other crockpot.

Once that was all done I was able to go and study like I needed...well, aside from the interruptions from the kids of course. HAHA

I made a pretty tasty homemade macaroni and cheese and a delicious baked apples dessert. I will definitely be making both again, and most likely.... SOON!

I want to thank Pinterest for existing, A Whisk and a Prayer for the macaroni and cheese, and Skinny Chef for the dessert. Thank you to those that also pinned the recipes so that I was able to see them!

While my photos may not be as good as the ones you'll see on Pinterest or the actual site they came from, I still took my own.

The ONLY suggestions that I would make are for the macaroni and cheese. I don't recall seeing it written, and I'm not going to go check, so if it isn't there, make sure you are able to stir it every once in a while so the noodles on the bottom of the crockpot and the sides do NOT burn!

Oh and I had some ice cream with my apple... absolutely amazing! It was the Blue Bunny, Peanut Butter and Brownie Sensation...  YUM!!! 

Macaroni and cheese before it was cooked

Macaroni and cheese complete, I had stirred it at this point


Apples before being cooked, 2 filled and 2 not

Apple baked with the ice cream I had it with

If you haven't already please like my SAHM turned WAHM on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment